Come And Join Me In My Creativity Zone

Come and join me in my Creativity Zone where you can enjoy fun and challenging card design ideas that will inspire you to learn new techniques to maximize the use of your craft tools, most especially the Silhouette Cameo machine along with the Silhouette Studio Designer software, and truly enjoy your crafting to the fullest.

All my files are shared for free, ONLY with my blog followers. The files are in Silhouette Studio format. They are for PERSONAL use only and must not be redistributed. You can share by directing people to the link of the project/post on my blog. Thank you for your compliance.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Nurse Card

This was the card I was making when my Silhouette machine suddenly stopped working. I needed to finish the card so I made do with whatever I could. I rummaged through my stash and I was so lucky to find 2 layered tags that match the color scheme of the card. I redid the sentiments to match the size of the tags and to print the lines as well of the oval shape so I can cut them by hand. It's a good thing that the nurse I used doesn't have an intricate shape so it was pretty easy to cut it by hand. I found the metal flower brads which are perfect embellies for one of the tags. I thought I did a pretty good job making do with whatever I can in the 'absence' of my Silhouette machine. I was just happy to be able to finish the card.



The very cute nurse is a graphics that I purchased online from Sunflower Friends:  http://sunflowerfriends.com. There were 3 nurses in the file for only $0.80.They have a lot of super cute stuff. They have an ongoing sale for individual graphics for only $0.20 per file.

This card is for my niece for whom I made the graduation cap card when she graduated from nursing last April. I made this card to congratulate her for passing the nursing board exam.

I couldn't share any of the files used on this card as they are all Silhouette designs and the nurse is copyrighted, too.

Base of the card:   round_doily_C20091012222051_20509
Tag for 'You did it':  24_label_frame_tag_C00907_19210
Tag for 'Congratulations':  3_labels_C00799_20509

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your cutter. I sure would miss mine. Anyway.... I wish your cutter a speedy recovery.LOL Micki542

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I had left an earlier comment asking for the little girls dress file and the hat file. But I'm not sure if the request ever got through, so I am asking pretty please again~lol~. I love them both, they are so cool. Thanks, Karel
    karel2006@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete